Speech and swallowing services are provided by our speech language pathologist, Abbie Gacke. Originally from Northwest Iowa, Abbie received her bachelor’s degree in communicative and science disorders and her master’s degree in speech-language pathology from the University of Northern Iowa. She has experience working with both adults and children who experience a variety of communication, voice and swallowing disorders. Abbie specializes in treating children and adolescents with complex medical diagnoses heavily impacted by feeding/swallowing
disorders, voice disorders and motor speech disorders.
With the addition of a speech-language pathologist, the clinical team at Ear, Nose & Throat Consultants and Hearing Services is able to treat a number of new services, including:
- Speech-language disorders
- Feeding and swallowing disorders (infancy-adults)
- Sensory feeding disorders
- Voice disorders
- Cognitive-communication disorders
- Aphasia Dysarthria
- Apraxia of Speech/Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Oral-motor dysfunction
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Language processing disorders
- Fluency disorders/stuttering
If you have any questions or would like more information or to schedule an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us at (605) 217-4320.